Here’s a rundown of what happened this past month!
Sit tight, folks. This is going to be one heck of a long post.
As you may or may not know, I failed to post a June recap because I was so swamped up with school work and other distractions (le sigh). So I decided to just squeeze it in my July recap post. Also, I have a not-so-special-but-whatever announcement at the end of this post. Don’t get your hopes up though. I don’t know if you’re going to be excited as I am or just neutral-face. (I totally invented that word)
Number of Books Read in June-July: 14 (it’s my current age, btw)
- Melt by Selene Castrovilla / my review / 5 stars
- The Polaris Uprising by Jennifer Ibarra / my review / 4 stars
- The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith / my review + soundtrack / 4 stars
- Coin Heist by Elisa Ludwig / my review / 3 stars
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo / my review + discussion / 5 stars
- More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs / my review + soundtrack / 4 stars
- Behind the Scenes by Dahlia Adler / my review / 4 stars
- The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by M.G. Buehrlen / my review / 4 stars
Other posts worth checking out:
- Mini Movie Reviews! #FrenchFilmBinge Edition
- Let’s Talk About – Rereading Books
- Top Ten Movies of 2014
- Movie Review: The Fault in Our Stars
- Mini Movie Reviews! The Lost Episode.
Now for the exciting announcement…well not really.
August is my favourite month, and it’s also my birthday month – my special day falls on the 24th. Besides that, I’ve noticed for quite some time now that there are a lot of awesome books releasing on August! Which makes my birthday even more exciting (because of the books) and depressing (because of all the money I’ll spend). Since I have no time to prepare for a super-awesome blog event, instead, I’m going to be posting some really different and creative posts for the whole month of August. Now wasn’t that exciting?
I just realised that I haven’t really shown my quirky side to you guys, and I plan on remedying that. I’m not entirely sure if I can pull this off since August is also the month of quarterly finals in my school. Let’s just see what happens.
By the way, I apologise if that was too anticlimactic for you. I don’t know what has gotten into me lately.
So that’s all for today! Be sure to look out for those “super-awesome” posts in the coming days/weeks. I promise I’ll be entertaining, but let’s hope that I won’t bore the heck out of you anyway. Have a good day and first of August, everyone!