Hello. My name is Miguel and I just survived the first half of the school year. It’s pretty obvious that I’ve been inert this past month or so because of the mountain of school work that I have to climb. But thank God it’s semestral break and I have all the time that I need to make up for blogging. And I’m starting it by doing a tag!
THE TEN BOOK CHALLENGE
The lovely Dre @ Sporadic Reads was kind enough to tag me, so thank you Dre! The challenge is to list down 10 books that have stayed with me in some way. It doesn’t have to be the right book or the greatest piece of literature; just the a book that struck you. Feel free to do this tag if you want to!
FOR THEIR ABILITY TO MAKE ME CRY
FOR THEIR ABILITY TO MAKE ME HAPPY
THOSE BOOKS WHO HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND + A CLASSIC
THE LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION
Thank you Rowan @ Bodacious Book Babe for nominating me! Since I already received this nomination, I’ll just go ahead and answer her questions.
1. How many books (estimate) do you currently own? How many have you actually read?
Estimated 80-100+ books and have read like 3/4 of them.
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What was the worst book you’ve read this month?
I haven’t read a lot this month so I’m going with the most recent read: Don’t Fall by Rachel Schieffelbein
4. What was the first book you fell in love with?
The Case of the Kidnapped Candy by James Preller. #nostalgicfeels
5. Hard copies or ebooks? Why?
I’d say both. Hardcopies for display purposes and just the tangible quality of a book, and ebooks for convenience especially when traveling.
6. If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be?
7. If you could change the ending of any book, what would it be and how would you change it?
I’ll go with Dash & Lily’s on this one. I’d write a longer intimate scene between Dash and Lily, obviously.
8. What’s one book you would read to make you feel better if you were having a bad day?
Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan.
9. Who is your favorite author and why?
Right now, it is Elizabeth Fama. She hasn’t disappointed me yet with any of her books plus I just love her really.
10. What are your top three favorite genres?
Contemporary, Historical, Fantasy.
11. What book or series do you hate the most? Why?
Hate is such a strong word, but if there’s one book/series that I dislike, it’ll have to be Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I just. I can’t.